Saturday, December 10, 2005

The holiday scowl

Today i was unwillingly drug into the holiday driving shuffle, I just wanted to see a movie. The movie theater is across the street from a mall and has shops of it's own so extra trafficcy deliciousness. I was in a right lane where most everyone turns in to the kohls parking lot, when a guy trying to get on the street going the other way realized I wasn't turning and he needed to stop. I had to dodge him a bit, and it wasn't neccesarily his fault ( he couldn't see that I didn't have my blinker on, not that most people use them) but then i saw it, the holiday scowl, that look you get when you've just left a store after finding nothing suitable, and knowing that it will take you twenty minutes to get across the street with only marginal hopes of finding a gift. It's a combination of anger and hopelessness combined with too much crappy christmas music, it makes me laugh a little.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Everybody now, "SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN!"

:)

3:38 AM

 
Blogger Margaret said...

you shoulda given him the finger. :) Now THAT'S holiday spirit.

10:36 AM

 
Blogger Mike said...

It wasn't his fault he was just trying to escape

4:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home