Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Concept vs Implementation II: The Wrath of Kahn

So today our elustriuos HR Generalist came up to my desk and started fiddling in a drawer, I paid her about as much attention as I always do. After she left, I realized that she had rearranged a couple of drawers, on which normally contained new-hire parking things and envelopes, she had taken all the the envelopes and thrown them in the big drawer at the bottem out of my reach. The envelopes and parking stuff have lived happily in that drawer since I started, so I moved the envelopes right back. when she came back I proceeded to tell her that I need those within arms reach and they are fine where they were at, and please inform me next time she moves my stuff around so I know where it is, she left in a huff. I got an email from my boss who got half the story, when I explained that I had to search for my stuff and there was no need for parking to have it's very own drawer she sided with me, which is surprising since a well reasoned arguement isn't typically recieved well in human resources.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home